10.25.2008



This last week I had a wonderful discovery. I was awoken by Todd listening to NPR in the kitchen. The topic was hot trends in times of economic woe. They were discussing everything from what people eat to their taste in music when haad tymes come around. But the part that drew me from my bed was the discussion on the changing trend in what was “hip” for women during these times. The woman was saying that when the economy plummets, girls start wearing their hair shorter and men are drawn more to women with small eyes and less curvy bodies. The idea is that they want someone who looks more grown up, serious, and “masculine” so to speak that will make them feel secure when money gets tight. They even went as far as to say that the playboy bunny becomes a bit more... “straight-ish”. So my friends, guess who just got hot?

You guessed it. I always knew my squinty eyes and 12 year old boy body would get me far someday! It was a long and painful wait, but todd you at last have the trophy wife you always wanted! So as far as I’m concerned, down with the economy!




13 comments:

Newty said...

So what has to happen to the world to turn Toady into a "Trophy Husband"?

Mica Clark-Peterek said...

I love NPR and I love you guys!

Amber said...

haha, you're a crack up. I've always thought you were hot! ;)

mare said...

hahahahah. that was excellent. i guess i'm out then. maybe i should tape my oversized eyes back to look more attractive. it wouldn't be the first time. i'm at lance's and we just made the computer read that post out loud to us, and it was perhaps the best thing ever. love you

Lincoln and Alisia said...

you are hilarious.

wild bri said...

The other hot thing is women who wear "Notxes Nitram" t-shirts, you go girl.

Tell Todd to get his own Facebook page if he is going to keep leaving rude comments about my mullet and association with a redneck gang. He is such a wimp, he and Tyler hiding behind thier wives Facebook pages and mocking everybody else. Oh yea that is actually how I ended up with a Facebook page.

Laurie Bingham said...

Well, I guess that makes two of us! You know how everyone mistakes us an being twins or you my older sister! {I miss those days:)}

Will you be around Friday if i come down to visit you?

Debi said...

haha. I think I heard the first part of that radio program, but I missed the part about how to become hot. This is bad news for me. Matt finally convinced me yesterday that my super wide hips, belly fat and love handles all add to my curviness. what am I going to do now? Maybe after the economic hard times really hit, and we don't have enough food to eat, I will get the dream body I've always wanted. Let's hope!

Jill said...

i LOVE that picture of you. you are so funny + always todd's trophy wife. :)

Kate said...

Ok, I am laughing out loud. Congrats on the trophy wife status. I am screwed....long blonde hair...big eyes...extremely curvy...great.

A Painted Diary said...

Ash, its abbey, how are you? You are so funny.

Chelsea Nelson said...

Awesome. This post is awesome!

Brandon Bales said...

c'mon, where's all the obnoxious political satire Todd promised me like a month ago?