6.03.2008

thinking of you

we would just like to say we are thinking of all our friends in belize, belizeans, pc, canadiens, and we are praying for the safety and health of everyone, please stay safe, keep in touch, and if you have any info on Silk Grass, pass it on please, as you can imagine we have no direct contact with silk grass right now. for those who dont know, southern belize, just got hit with a massive rainstorm/tropical storm that flooded all of the stann creek district, wiped out bridges, flooded homes, and whole communities. i dont know all the details, i just know it is pretty bad and they could use all the good feelings, vibes, prayers and thoughts heading their way.

pictures
http://www.nemo.org.bz/nemonews/news_releases/article_335.php

2 comments:

Scott said...

Todd & Smash, My wife and I just received our PC invite, it is to Belize, I found your blog just a minute ago, please email me: scotteagan@hotmail.com

dana said...

Ok - here's the dirt on Silk Grass. Yesterday I picked up a lady that weathered the storm there and this is what she told me. There was some flooding but no one was hurt/killed and the houses held up. So I think their flooding was minor compared to places like Sittee River. No one in Stann Creek came out unscathed but Silk Grass did OK. And the town itself looks good now. I drove by and had a peek - no damage that I could see. We're missin' you guys!