4.15.2008

the snow ball



every night todd and i used to go running down a dirt road just outside of silk grass, but lately he has been playing soccer every night with the boys in the village. i am too scared to run down the dirt road by myself, so i have started running laps around the futball field. last week i had an amazing classic skating snow ball experience while running laps. it started with cliver and boris saying that they liked to run, and started running with me. as we rounded the corner after the first lap, a line of 4 boys were waiting to join us. i started to feel awkward as i ran around the field with several small boys. as i neared to todd i was thinking of stopping to talk so that i could get out of it, but all the men on the sidelines of the soccer game (including todd) started yelling "faster faster!" so we kept going. as we ran around the third time, small children began running out of their houses yelling "miss ashli!" and soon i had about 15 kids running along side me. as we passed our house, they all yelled to ed. then dog gang started coming out. now i had about 15 kids and a dog gang running laps with me. when i passed todd he just gave me a weird look, and so we all just kept going. then a few bikers joined. now things were really getting weird. there were some close collisions and a couple close dog disputes, but over all the dogs and kids were so happy, that i just kept going. finally i was done running, and all the kids and dogs flooded in behind me into my yard. i didn't know how to rid them, so i just had everyone do a few stretches and sent them all home to drink lots of water. the only thing that could have made it better is if "kissed by a rose" was playing in the background.

10 comments:

miranda said...

Love the story! I can just picture it!! The video was great, but I thought the woman you loved was Ashli- not the lady at the end!! :)

Laurie Bingham said...

Oh Ash, I think you are going to go through withdrawals when you guys move back...you definately won't have those experiences here. I can send Alta to run after you, though. You better run fast, she likes to bite your ankles. Just ask Todd...(remember on the beach at Bear Lake?)

dana said...

That was quite the 'Forrest Gump' experience. The things that would never happen back home, eh? Too fun!

Brandon Bales said...

Miss Ashli's like the Belizian Forrest Gump. (BTW I was listening to a little Seal as I read you Blog so thats kind of like your dream came true right?) Todd I love your paddle around the planet pictures.

wild murdocks said...

Ha! What a delightful workout! I'm sure your very popular with all the boys there, Miss Ashli! What a fun run.

The sawdust photo's and Easter celebrations looked amazing.

I always thought that the seal song said, "kissed by a rodent today" because it was in the Batman movie...embarrassing.

Chelli said...

I LOVED your story! I could visualize it all! It made me laugh! I enjoyed the pictures, they were awesome!!

Unknown said...

actually, it is me, ashli who loves that woman. but i think we all do.

Amber said...

Oh Ash, what crazy, fun, unusual things you get to experience there. You'll be so bored when you get back! As for your questions you posted on my blog - I started potty training yesterday. It was awful, but today is a little better. Seriously the hardest thing I've ever done! The new nephew is Matt's brother and his wife. His wife is Latin so it has been so fun to see what this little boy would look like. They live in Tennessee though so we won't get to see him for a long time. I am due on June 26th. Can't wait. It really can't come soon enough! And lastly, I had to ask someone how they were doing all the cute blog backgrounds too!
Some people put things together editting the html themselves. I'm too stupid to do that so here is what people told me about: http://cutestblogontheblock.blogspot.com/
http://matiekay.blogspot.com/
http://scrappinblogdesigns.blogspot.com/
http://sjhblogdesign.blogspot.com/ (the one just above is one that gives instructions on how to edit the html, I'm just too lazy)
and
http://tomandkassie.blogspot.com/2008/01/my-blogger-templates.html

mare said...

I love it Miss Ashleigh! I can see them all running after you so happily now. Nora would love this. Poor thing's apparently been sick for a few days because she hasn't been posting.

(plus, I will buy some of those pics from to frame someday) We missed you so much at the "shower' and can't wait to see you!

Sara said...

That's so cool. Ash how crazy that the whole village knows you and loves you. i think its so fun that they followed you back home waiting for more fun things! im going to email you. i miss that.

love, sara