3.30.2008

being humans

After our exciting Guatemala trip and running around with Annie and then going to the park and having an office party this weekend, now we are back to regular existence. Which means that now we just are. Just being as usual. Which consists of regular things, that can look neat if taken the right way. so thanks to Cat who took these neat pictures of our regular being existence.
Guatemala was awesome. We were there for Easter and we stayed in Antigua for all the neat celebrations. It was so fun. They covered the roads in amazing colorful carpets made of sawdust, sand, vegetables and the like. Then the 'processions', which were parades of people in cloaks carrying large floats with depictions of Christ and his life would come and trample the carpets. The streets were filled with incense and by standers. Unfortunately our camera broke, and we haven't yet developed our disposable camera. And even then, we were too embarrassed by it to really get good pictures, but check out mica and john's blog (listed on the side) they got some good ones.

Then we went and got Annies. It was an Easter miracle that we even found her, due to our emaculate 15 leg plan including planes, boats, and cars. but we had so much fun and went around to some sweet places. When her pictures arrive, we will post about it. Thanks for coming annies!! we love you.
Then we had our sweet office party preceded by a trip to todd's park with some peace corps friends.
and so now we are here sitting in our regular humaness which feels kind of weird but will probably be good.

10 comments:

tiffy girl said...

I love the everyday pics, its kind of nice to see your "norm" (if you can call it that) and what kind of set up you guys have. Happy Easter!

wild bri said...

Regular humaness is good.
How did you break the camera?

Chelli said...

I love your photos! I am excited to see more! I am happy your found Annie!

J. Melody said...

Those pictures on John and Mica's site are amazing!! I'm so sad your camera broke. You must explain how they make those sand murals on the road. I've never seen anything like that. In Chile they barely even recognized Easter, but it looks like they go all out in Guatemala. What a unique experience to be there that weekend.

miranda said...

I agree with Jen- those pictures are crazy!! I do like you everyday humaness pictures as well. I'm glad Annie got to come and visit for Easter!

Kate said...

I am so glad that you guys connected...I must admit I was a little nervous about the whole thing. I am so sad I couldn't go with her :( I miss you guys so much and this little Antigua festivial sounds quite up my alley. I just had to have the chocolate cross to remind me of Christ's Resurrection. Maybe next year I will get out the cloak.

Anonymous said...

Sounds fun and brings back memories! I wrote you an e-mail, did you get it?? Miss you!

tiffy girl said...

This post is likeable I agree and congratulation. I have only one ?. The table that the fridge and the water cooler are sitting on, Todd built that right? It looks like a fine piece of murdock craftsmanship. Hope you guys are well. Toady, just so you know, Grandma is kicking my A$$ in the NCAA brackets. but at least I am beating your dad.
Later
Pollywog

McKell said...

Oh life looks pleasant, there. How a dish rack in Belize looks like more fun than my dish rack in Logan?

Sara said...

Hi ash and todd! I feel like calling you every second. Guatemala pictures look crazy! i looked over at the others sight. Did you buy a whole bunch of shi? i guess you don't really have room for more stuff. i want to go back to guatemala and go to lake atitlan. we should try and go sometime k ash and todd?