2.24.2008



Last week we showed up unannounced to John and Micah's house, our peace corps friends in Punta Gorda. They kindly took us in, and then on Saturday they took us to the beautiful village of Blue Creek where Jeff and Shella live. It was awesome! After throwing objects at Shella's house to wake her up, she took us around. there were two highlights of the day.....


the second one, (sorry we are going backwards) was Blue Creek. The actually creek, that is. it was awesome there were swimming holes all the way up and then...

see that black hole in the back ground? that is a cave. that we went in. with headlamps. we swam up the cave about a half a mile where there was an 'indoor' so to speak, waterfall. we went without jeff, but he very Smeigally (lord of the rings, for those of you who can't follow my jokes, which is probably everyone but me) joined us by creeping behind and appearing on a rock at the waterfall.

and the first highlight, or should i say, hoglight of the day was when jeff told us that the pigs that are being raised by his school, are energizing the very plant that slaughters them and turns them into bacon by their own feices (dang it, i can't spell that). the ironic and cruel circle of life.

anyway, it was a good weekend. thanks guys.

9 comments:

miranda said...

Blue Creek looks sooo inviting!!! I am soooo tired of the cold and all of the snow!!! I wish I could hop on a plane and come bask in the warmth!!! I'm glad you are having fun!!

Chelli said...

Beautiful pictures! Sounds like you had a great time other than the pig story! Sad for the pigs!

wild murdocks said...

I'm glad you had fun in the delightfully blue water, spelunking, and chillin' with the peace corps homies.

love the new blog look.

renostar said...

Gorgeous! We would realy really love to come and we are starting to be responsible adults who make a budget and save money for trips such as these - I will keep you posted. Rusty's Woodshop (our other blog) is one that I made for my father who has requested a blog for his woodworking. There are some real jems so check it out!! :) Love and miss you both. If we plan a trip for the end of this summer will you still be there??

Jill said...

wow what a beautiful place. i can't believe those colors are natural. just amazing.
love to you ash

mare said...

wow-- that place looks neat. Poor wittle piglets; but I sure do love bacon. That cave sounded gnarly (yeah, I don't know, I'm leaving it). oh, and p.s. you look like a million bucks. Remember how you have a love/hate relationship with your legs? (sorry to 'out' you-- but well she does) They're looking very muscilly Ash. aRe your diseases gone?

mare said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Timothy & Kimberly Pettitt said...

Wow that place looks so beautiful...just the kind of place I need right now! So I'll just close my eyes and envision myself there...of course I won't envision myself with your legs! Lookin good girl!

Debi said...

Beautiful! (referring to your legs)