7.31.2007

You've got a birthday... shout hurray...


So since i couldn't go get todd a regular old birthday present, i had to resort to this. which i'm sure he will be happily humilated by, since he loves making a big deal out of his birthday...so HAPPY BIRTHDAY TODD! i thuoght this picture fitting since he spends about 97% of his time in a hammock except when in class, he pretty much finds any place possible to put it up. under the boating dock, in my room.. and because you can see my face in the reflection of his glasses....okay.


i couldn't resist....

just the youth group.


so i got my hair done in corn rolls, corn rows? i don't know. todd's host sister michelle did it. it was a little bit not okay, but it was awesome when i took it out.


just a typical night at todd's house. they love uno. the house is pretty much run by girls. you are looking at daughters, granddaughters, and great granddaughters of miss nora.


And these are my host parents, oscar and katrine (newly weds). yesterday oscar rode up behind me on his bike and told me he had a surprise for me. i was expecting a mango, but yelped when i turned around and found a 6 foot crocadile hanging off his shoulder with it's mouth and legs tied. then they had some fun with it in the yard with a rope leash. it's normal.

Todd's host family... Tamara, Tafara, Miss Nora, and John. Just three of the seventeen kids could make it for the picture unfortunately. and i might add, only changing one letter in a name for the next kid is a normality here. i.e. brea, brena, brenan. latifa, talifa, matifa, and so on.

we went swimming with todd's host family. the water was creepily warm...

and just one more little side note... the menonites. i'm totally facinated. they came here from germany and by some fluke of nature they all of the same genes as tall and skinny. with beards. and suspenders. and when i came home from class one day there was a mirror up on the dresser which the menonites had made, b/c they make all wood things here. and when i asked about it my host parents said "oh yeah, the menonites dropped it off in there big truck that they drive thru here every week full of stuff people have ordered like dressers and doors. and then they take orders for the next week." and i said "ok. that's a completely regular answer." and so it is, in belize.

well we miss you and love you! and HAPPY BIRTHDAY TODD!

13 comments:

tiffy girl said...

Happy Birthday Toady! Glad you guys are having a good time down there! Love to see the pics and hear the stories, so keep them coming! Love and miss ya! Tiff, Paul, Noah and Max

wild murdocks said...

Happy Birthday Todd! We miss you both! We hope you celebrate in some crazy way that would fit the crazy place and time in your life your at right now.

Love the pictures! I put the blog shirt on the raven's nest. I wish I could see a close-up of Ashli's corn rows.

I hope the sick friend recovers--we'll send lots of prayers.

Brian is sad that you can't run the San Juan with him next friday. Maybe we'll blow up a big picture of you and float it down with him.

lots of birthday kisses and hugs--
XXXXXXXXXOXOXOXOXOXOOOOOO

Kikkerts said...

Happy Birthday Todd...thanks for keeping me entertained at work.

Creed said...

Happy B-day Toady! Sounds like good times in Belize. Whats up with the super computer mainframe in your host families living room? Is that bizzar or normal for Belize?
Jenn,Dona and I are still living with Susan in Lehi waiting for our basement to get done. We might take off with Casey and Lucy to Palm Springs/Idyllwild at the end of the month do do a little climbing.
Later Creed, Jenn & Sedona

Grandma Nancy said...

Toady,
Happy Birthday. Looks like you and Ash are having a good time. Love and miss you guys. Your favorite Aunt and Uncle

McKell said...

"This little boy had a birthday, this one sitting here (in Belize) Father in Heaven bless him (and his sick friend) through out the coming year! " I figured you would be sad that Grandma couldn't call and sing to you, so I stepped up to the plate. Just close your eyes and imagine me singing the above song. But seriously have a Happy Birthday, I love and miss you.

Janine Murdock said...

This little boy had a birthday...
This one standing here.....
Heavenly Father bless him.....
Thru out the coming year.

We love your comments and the pictures, it makes me think that you are both closer than you really are. If I had you when I was 30 and you are 27...just how old does that make me? I hope you had a happy birthday. I love and miss you both. Mom

miranda said...

Happy Happy Birthday, this is you special day, Happpy Happy that's what were here to say, Happy Happy Birthday, May all you dreams come true!! Happy Happy Birthday from the Hjorth Family to you! Hay!!!
Happy Birthday little brother!! Love you guys!

Kikkerts said...

Happy Birthday Todd. I don't feel bad for you guys at all. What a beautiful place! How is the humidity? I hope you guys are eating well??? I am a whole 150 pounds now after having Ande. I was 184 ish. I'm eating well (:
-Ruthie K.

mare said...

Ash-- you look so skinny. Can't you find any birthday cake down there? Belize. Yeah, the corn rows aren't okay, but i feel good about it. That place looks seriously skitz. Maybe we'll skiddle on down over UEA. skiddle? It was typed and went with. Oh gosh i miss ya bud. is there a hospital there if you get sick? just wondering. i love you.

mare said...

oh. post script: the picture with you in todd's sunglasses is neat.

Timothy & Kimberly Pettitt said...

Looks like you guys are having a blast! Happy birthday to your hubby! I am loving the updates...sorry I don't comment as often as I should...but keep the posts coming...they are great!

Brandon Bales said...

hey old man. Seems like yesterday that you were opening achtung baby up hobble creek canyon