3.22.2011

Evolution

I suppose we are all continuously evolving. This is one way Todd evolves.

This is moments after we got engaged.

This is five years later. I wonder how much we have evolved.

We went to some hotsprings for our 5 year anniversary. There was a group of barely post-tween girls there. They were on a cheer squad and cheered a lot. I was happy to get in the showers away from them. Suddenly I was surrounded by two of them in the shower stalls on both sides of me. They were doing fake Brittish accents to fool us.
Fairly Dim One: "I am so happy we are on this trip to America!"
A Little Bit Smarter One: "Yeah!"
Fairly Dim One: "Yes, because we are not from America, we are from Brittish!"
A Little Bit Smarter One: "We are not from Brittish! We SPEAK Brittish!"
Fairly Dim One: "Yes, and I am so happy we are from Brittish. Americans are so stupid!"
Ah, yes. A comforting conclusion.

I wonder what they will evolve to....

9 comments:

Newty said...

So happy to see the evolution of toady's facial hair. They actually have these things now called mustaches, you should look into growing some hair on that upper lip toady. We need to do some paddling soon. I ran westy last week, lets hit it soon. Oh yeah, I went to british once for a couple years, it's almost as cool as canadia.

mare said...

aaaaahhhhh! this four wheeler is so fun! and fast!!! ahhhhh!!!

mare said...

i will kill myself so you don't have to.

i loved this story so much. i could just hear you telling it and see me cracking my head open on the desk behind me because i'm laughing so hard. stupid head holds me back from really reaching my humor potential.

let's not put ourselves where we don't belong though-- pretty sure this was us ten years ago.

or five.

or now.

Unknown said...

And then did you bust out your German accent saying “My grundfatter died fighting das British in WW2. I hate Das British. YOU KILLED MY GRUNDFATTER! YOU KILLED …" repeated over and over until they left and you had the shower to yourself again. That’s what I’d have done. BTW that first picture of Todd is a dead ringer for Bill Shakespeare, save the lacy white neck ruffle has been replaced by one woven of fine human wool. Happy 5th you guys!

McKell said...

I would be more worried about the girls "surrounding" you in the shower.

Oh and you missed your mouth and now your drink is dribbling down your chin.

Chris said...

Few things cheer me up as much Todd's follicle decisions. Long live the Skunk-Ape of Moab!

becca said...

You know I can's show this post to my husband, he would die to have a little evolution like that on his face.

Kikkerts said...

So I haven't looked at your blog in a while or my blog even. I saw Todd's beard and said "Oh my gosh". Ande who was right next to me asked,"Mom, does that look like a lion"? Hope all is well with you guys (:
Ruth

LostButWillBeFound said...

LOL dumb girlss...