1.30.2009

i am so sick of those tree pictures


well heck. we haven't blogged in so darn long. it's hard when you see people and you wonder what on earth they could possibly care about you blogging when they see you all the time. or see you enough. but i will just give you a few quick updates:

-todd started a new job. it is an americore position at a non profit called tree utah. it is cool. he is helping to plant trees, coordinate volunteers, and work at the U in an environmental class.

-Christmas was fun.

-We went to Hawaii. It was great. i don't have pictures yet, but when i do, i'll post some. So here is one from when we went last time. Todd mostly surfed. I tried but I got cold and wasn't very good. Todd wore his Obama shirt the whole time in order to provoke my uncles, cousins, brother, dad, and grandpa. it was a great success. and i skydived. so did some of my family like aubri, jared, and trev. it was neat.

-Everyone is having a birthday! Happy birthday Aubs, Ty, Jared, Alina, Star, Faith and baby EV!!

-I went with sar to a meditation this week, and i loved it! everyone should come. my favorite part was when we had sharing time and someone would say their name..like "i am will." and everyone would say..."will" "will"

-Today I was in an assembly at East High modeling African clothes with the African kids I work with. If you are wondering if that is normal, it is not.

yeah, i found those pictures. but i got them off of facebook, so they are tiny. o well.

9 comments:

renostar said...

Wow. It seems like it was not long since we've seen you but so much has happened. Congrats to Todd on the job and sporting the controversial Obama tee! I may have to come with you to meditation, Ash. But I warn you that keeping a straight face will be impossible for me. Thanks for wishing me a happy bday. Best friends ever!

mare said...

'we went to hawaii'. like it's normal and fine to mention in passing. i am also jealous of the meditation, although our russian instructor (the one that reminds me of you) does it sometimes at the end and i feel a little lame inside, so i'll be needing to get over that). congrats on the job todd. sounds perfect for you. i was so pleased to get your text about the african modeling. i loved imagining you out there on the high school stage. love you so much.

Colby said...

todd's job sounds cool.

J. Melody said...

Is the African modeling as cool as the Belizian beauty pageants? Also, you didn't mention anything about skydiving when you reported on Hawaii...how could leave out that detail? Did you really do it? I thought you had a fear of heights. I must hear more. See, I see you all the time and I missed a major detail. Aren't you glad you blogged?

Bossy said...

I'm jealous! It looks like y'all had a lot of fun while we just did the same old same old!!
Love you!

Bossy said...

One other thing...not ALL of us get to see you ALL the time!! So give us a decent update every now and then...jeez!!!

Chris said...

Good to hear from you Todd. I miss your blog updates so I signed you guys up for the Peace Corps. How do you feel about 3 years in Sub-Saharan Africa?

dana said...

Seeing pics of you by the sea makes my heart hurt. I miss you!

Anonymous said...

I love this post..."oh and we went to Hawaii, no big deal really, it was fun...anyway..." Next time I want to go with you!! We will leave the boys at home, and you and I will go!! I'm going to need a break after taking care of 2 kids, 3 if you count Adam!! I want to see you!